Call Before You Dig
Prior to digging, drilling or excavating please follow the following steps:
- Call 811 for locating services. A few days prior to digging, Call 811 and your call will automatically be routed to a local one call center. Interested in contacting the 811 center online? Visit the 811 state map to see if your local 811 call center accepts online requests.
- Know Your Digging Info Ahead of Time. You'll give the operator information about how to contact you, where you are planning to dig and what type of work you will be doing.
- Utility Notification. YVEA and other utilities will be notified about your intent to dig. We will send a locator in approximately 2-3 working days.
- Only Public Utilities Located. Please note that utilities only locate public utilities. If your meter is on a pedestal, and not on your house, YVEA can only locate up to your meter. Any electrical lines past your meter is owned by you, and is your responsibility.
- Respect and Protect the Marks. YVEA will mark its underground facilities with red marking paint or red flags. A locate sketch will be left at your job site. These marks are good for 30 days. If the marks are not longer clear or if the project is delayed, please request a re-located on your property. It is your responsibility to keep track of these marks and to not destroy them.
- Dig with Care. Hand dig 18 inches on both sides of the flags or painted lines.